Why Volunteer With A Charity
Donations are spent 100 % on local projects.
Openmind Projects enables volunteering at a low cost since none of your money goes to overseas salaries, overhead or to make a profit.
A CHARITY IN ASIA MEANS WE CAN OFFER LOCAL UNDERSTANDING AND LOWER COSTS.
Working with local grass-roots projects, our time and money is all spent on helping local people.
All volunteer and other donations go to local people, projects and supporting volunteer work.
RESPONSIBLE VOLUNTEERING MEANS PREPARING AND TRAINING
Responsible volunteering means preparing for your placement properly beforehand. Receive and read our Online Volunteer Handbook before you travel. Welcome to our Volunteer Training on arrival, a fun and eye-opening week of culture, language, volunteer and teaching training!
GREAT IDEAS, GREAT OPENMINDERS, GREAT VOLUNTEERS
Together local people and international supporters and volunteers put great ideas into action, making a difference for all involved!
INNOVATIVE EDUCATION, INSPIRED LEARNING!
Motivation and confidence are the parents of learning and the learners are their children! This is how we think; that is how we start. Our trainees and our campers are inspired to ‘Learn By Doing’. They learn something and then they get a chance to put into practice what they just learnt.
THE VOLUNTEER SUPPORT THAT MATTERS
Our volunteer support focuses on what matters most to a volunteer! Volunteers receive our Online Volunteer Handbook before travel and are welcome to attend our Volunteer Training on arrival. You organise your own flights and insurance for the trip, thus avoiding unnecessary extra costs. As a result, you pay much less than if you book with a comprehensive volunteer and travel package from an overseas agency!
Our volunteers go to our projects and stay with host families that we know well. We are local! Volunteers can always call us and we advise on safety issues, such as food, traffic and diseases. Very few foreigners get into trouble in Thailand and when they do it is mostly traffic accidents and/or alcohol/drug incidents!
LOCAL FRIENDSHIPS, TEAMWORK AND A CHANCE TO SEE THE UNKNOWN
We and your local hosts will tell you about and can show you the things unknown to tourists. Learn about Unseen Southeast Asia with Openmind Projects!
What You Get, when you volunteer with Openmind Projects
- Free application, registration advice and support.
- Full organisation of your volunteer project.
- Help with travel arrangements if needed. Airport transfer and pick up to our Center. Visa invitation letter for Thailand.
- Pre-Departure Online Volunteer Handbook.
- Volunteer Training on arrival at Openmind Projects in Nong Khai, Thailand.
- During Your Volunteering
- Accommodation at Openmind Projects Center, a host family or guesthouse. Meals, lunch and dinner during the week but not at week-ends.
- In-country emergency support.
- Teamwork with local friends and overseas volunteers.
- Valuable cross-culture, problem-solving and leadership experience and skills.
- A Volunteer Certificate and a Letter of Reference, if you would like.
- Member of Openmind Projects Online Alumni and welcome to join the Facebook ‘We love Openmind Projects’ group set up by our trainees and campers!
*Special conditions apply for some projects.