Employee Volunteering, volunteer ambassadors abroad
Company Ambassador as a Volunteer Abroad
Read Covid-19 News from OpenmindProjects and volunteer Update regarding the Covid-19, Thailand, Laos effects on volunteering.
Be your company’s ambassador as a volunteer in Thailand! An opportunity for you to grow, for your company to receive a lot of good will, and welcome back a more experienced and valuable staff member!
Employee Volunteering is a win, win, win, for you, for your company and for the people you help
Employee Volunteering is a great new training and branding opportunity! You learn a lot of important skills and your company earns a lot of good will! Companies naturally want return on their investment and you are their investment! You want personal development and an interesting job. Smart employers help their people to do a good job and be proud of their company. It is not only about money but about your future, your work conditions and opportunities.
Employee Volunteering, is a faster lane to happier and more experienced staff.
Smart companies understand the value of international work experience, and volunteering abroad with an NGO is a great opportunity open to ambitious young staff! One major company created an Employment Engagement Program. Their employees decide when, where and for what cause they want to volunteer! Microsoft offers employees the chance to volunteer in Africa. Another company places employee teams in projects with international development organizations.
Your company can do it too!
It does not take the resources of a big corporation! Smaller companies can also support their employees to volunteer abroad. Your company could support you to volunteer on a ‘Learning by Volunteering’ project! Experiential learning with a charity!
Volunteer Ambassador, the benefits
What are the benefits that convince a boss to send you as a volunteer and company ambassador to help people? Bring back valuable experiences and ideas, to use and share, and incredible lifelong memories!
Benefits for you and your company
- LEADERSHIP. You develop valuable skills in new situations, make decisions and feel responsible for what you do. You learn to lead, multitask, and participate in cross-culture teamwork!
- ENERGY AND ENGAGEMENT. Many young employees want to volunteer within the scope of their job, and they bring back engagement, energy and loyalty that goes a long way!
- INTERNATIONAL OUTLOOK. Spending time overseas gives everyone new perspectives and ideas that will be useful at work and home too.
- TEAM BUILDING. If you go as a team, you get to work and bond with each other on a project with people from another culture: a fun, challenging, a highly valuable experience!
- RECRUITING AND KEEPING. Young employees prefer a company that shares their values. Employers with Corporate Social Responsibility programs make more attractive workplaces. Millennials will soon be the dominant workforce and companies must compete to attract young talent. Research has shown that companies with volunteer programs are more successful at keeping their staff in the long-term.
- BRANDING AND GOODWILL OPPORTUNITIES. When you return to your home country, you can share your memories and experiences with colleagues, friends and family, media and society. You can write articles, make presentations and videos about what you did and how your company supported you!
- THIS IS YOUR OPPORUTINITY – Convince your boss!
DO YOU BELIEVE that volunteering abroad is good for you and good for your company?
If so, talk with your manager and discuss it with your colleagues. This is a great way to show initiative and ambition – always appreciated by a boss!
We are happy to discuss and share ideas, and to organize a project that helps you and your company to support people less privileged than you!
Contact us to learn more and for more details about what you could do!