Help poor girls and boys, our campers, to a new life as learners!
We want to create learners, young architects of their own futures!
The Poverty Trap
Poor parents in villages with poor schools, with few teachers and traditional teaching, means poor learning. Children do not like to learn. They never learn to speak English much less how IT and internet can help them. Village and migrant children in Southeast Asia remain poor!
The richest 1% in Thailand own 67% of the wealth according to the Global Wealth Databook by Credit Suisse. Inequalities in wealth means inequalities in education.
Village children are isolated; do not learn about the world, are not interested to learn. They drop out.
The poor, the countryside is left behind.
Inspiration and Opportunity
Our challenge is to inspire village and migrant boys and girls to want and be able to learn! To encourage and empower the young generation to take charge of their own learning.
Modern learning and IT can be a poor child’s best friend! If girls and boys learn how to use their smartphones, internet, how to learn, learn English, they can become the architects of their own futures! This is the Challenge!
How to help young villagers and migrants from Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar?
We encourage campers to learn to help themselves. They learn by doing it in tasks and activities bases. They learn about a topic, learn English, how to use tech and the internet at the same time!.
In our Learning Camps, everything is free. Campers live and learn for free: activities, lodging, food, and fun, all is free!
Campers gain inspiration, important knowledge, and many skills in our Camps
Task-Based Learning by Doing!
● They search for information online, analyze, and solve problems, helping each other and helped by Openmind trainees, ex campers, and international volunteers.
● Make presentations and videos, share and debate with friends and online.
● Inspiration, confidence, critical and independent thinking.
● About the future, how jobs change, and new opportunities.
● About the environment, climate change, health, hygiene, and food.
How you can help
A donation to support a camp or volunteer at one!
- Sponsor a camp or a camper
- Volunteer at a camp or two